Man and the Deserts : the first edition of the Multidisciplinary Conference on the Natural and Cultural History of population in the Desert
This first conference will gather about twenty-five Jordanian and international invited speakers to give presentations on the state of scientific knowledge about the natural environment, the human presence, and issues of management and conservation with a focus on the Wadi Rum Protected Area and its region.
The conference will also propose a strategy for future documentation and research, and offer recommendations to the relevant authorities in matters of management and monitoring of the natural and cultural assets of Wadi Rum in the context of tourism development.
This Conference is held under the patronge of Her Royal Highness Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, Vice Chairman of the board of trustees, Jordan Museum,
President of El Hassan Science City, President of the Royal Scientific Society
The conference will take place on 11, 12 and 13 November 2011 at the Visitor Centre of the Wadi Rum Protected Area.
This server enables you to submit a contribution to Man and the Desert: The First Multidisciplinary Conference on the Natural and Cultural History of Wadi Rum (Jordan).
- Nancy University (HISCANT-MA Histoire et Cultures de l’Antiquité Grecque et Romaine et Moyen Âge).
- GREMMO-Groupe de recherche et d’étude sur la Méditerranée et le Proche-Orient (CNRS)
With the collaboration of:
- Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority
- Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Departments of French Embassy, Amman, Jordan.
- French Institute at the Middle East (IFPO)