MirCap is a laureate project of the region PACA, with LabexMed co-funding, IREMAM, (UMR 7310) and LOTERR (Université de Lorraine).
The project aims to create a collaborative platform to host the documents resulting from the research work carried out over the last 20 years in Jordan and Saudi Arabia (projects funded by the Sous-Direction de l’Archéologie, sciences humaines et sociales at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs) as well as the documentation produced by the StorMer project.
These two interdisciplinary projects bring together archaeologists, epigraphists, geographers, topographical engineers, geophysicists, geologists and sociologists to explore hydraulic structures and the associated social constructions. The project focuses on the rehabilitation of these structures as a response to climate change and the decrease in water resources.
The team members of this project are committed to regularly reporting on the progress of their individual or joint work.
Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur Region; LabexMed; Institute for Research and Studies on Arab and Muslim Worlds (UMR 7310 IREMAM); University of Lorraine (LOTTER)
This project is part of the 2015-2020 State-Region Plan Contract, which is ” setting the course of action for the State and the Region for the next six years in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur “. It responds to priority n°2 of this contract, namely : Develop the knowledge economy and strategic sectors. It is part of a sustainable knowledge management approachs.
The main objective of the project
The project consists of the creation of a collaborative and participatory crowdsourcing platform, dedicated to the observation, analysis and modelling of linguistic, historical and climatic data to better understand the consequences of aridity on population movements and the impact of these movements on human activity and organisation.
Core Research Team
- Project initiator and director : Pr. Saba Farès (Semitic epigraphy – Archaeology – Culture-based Community Development), Université de Toulouse – Jean Jaurès – Patrimoine, Littérature, Histoire (PLH EA 4601)
- co-project director: Mohamed Quafafou (Data Mining), Aix-Marseille Université – Laboratoire d’Informatique et Systèmes (LIS – UMR 7020)
- Myriam Laakili (islamologue), Institut de Recherches et d’Études sur les Mondes Arabes et Musulmans (UMR 7310 IREMAM)
- Sébastien Lebaut (géographe, télédétection), Université de Lorraine (LOTTER)
- Ollive Vincent (géo-archéologue), Université de Lorraine (LOTTER)
PhD Candidates participating in the project:
- Amirah Al-Jasser, PhD candidate ((EA ERASME – Université Toulouse-Jean Jaurès), Botany and Arabic Language Science
- Naïma Bendidi, PhD candidate (EA ERASME – Université Toulouse-Jean Jaurès), medieval historical geography of the Maghreb
- Petra Chahin, PhD candidate (EA HisCant – Université de Lorraine), Arab history and societies before Islam